This dressing is simply the greatest. It's easy to make, creates a heavenly aroma when baking and combines two traditional favorites -- sweet potatoes and dressing-- into one special dish. Folks always give it rave reviews.--Gail Prather, Bethel, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups diced cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the sweet potatoes, apples, bread cubes and walnuts. Add eggs; toss to coat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Dressing in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p38
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2011
"Thanks for the recipe! We love dressing/stuffing and this will go with the favourites. We also love sweet potatoes so this covers a couple of bases. I did throw in a generous 1/2 cup of craisins as well."