This dressing is simply the greatest. It's easy to make, creates a heavenly aroma when baking and combines two traditional favorites -- sweet potatoes and dressing-- into one special dish. Folks always give it rave reviews.--Gail Prather, Bethel, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups diced cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the sweet potatoes, apples, bread cubes and walnuts. Add eggs; toss to coat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Dressing in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p38
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2011
"Thanks for the recipe! We love dressing/stuffing and this will go with the favourites. We also love sweet potatoes so this covers a couple of bases. I did throw in a generous 1/2 cup of craisins as well."