- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apples, raisins and almonds. Spoon into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oats and lemon peel; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Bake in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p17
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2012
"If you are looking for the next scrumptious, rich Thanksgiving day sweet potato hit, this isn't it. If you are looking for something healthy but palatable, or cooking for a table of diabetics or blood pressure watchers, this is for you.I enjoyed the addition of raisins and walnuts and found the dish edible enough, but my husband and I agreed that we weren't terribly fond of it. The next day I doctored it up with maybe 5 Tbsp of butter and 1/3 cup of sugar (roughly) and some cinnamon -- no longer suitable for the healthy eater's table, but highly delicious!"