Here's a scrumptious lighter version of traditional candied sweet potatoes. -North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apples, raisins and almonds. Spoon into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oats and lemon peel; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Bake in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p17
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review