- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apples, raisins and almonds. Spoon into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oats and lemon peel; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Bake
Sort By :
"If you are looking for the next scrumptious, rich Thanksgiving day sweet potato hit, this isn't it. If you are looking for something healthy but palatable, or cooking for a table of diabetics or blood pressure watchers, this is for you.I enjoyed the addition of raisins and walnuts and found the dish edible enough, but my husband and I agreed that we weren't terribly fond of it. The next day I doctored it up with maybe 5 Tbsp of butter and 1/3 cup of sugar (roughly) and some cinnamon -- no longer suitable for the healthy eater's table, but highly delicious!"