Sweet Potato and Pork Stew
Unusual ingredients add up to a delicious, stick-to-your-ribs stew with a touch of brown-sugar sweetness in this easy recipe from Susan Schlenvogt in Waukesha, Wisconsin. It's sure to become a fall favorite!
Tip: If you can't find pork chop suey meat, use 1-inch cubs of boneless pork chops or pork loin roast.
More Sweet Potato Recipes »
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, toss pork with mustard. In a large resealable
- plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook pork and garlic
- in oil until pork is browned on all sides. Stir in broth. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, sweet potato, salt and pepper. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is
- no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.