Sweet Potato and Ham Hash Recipe
Tender sweet potatoes match up with ham, cooked eggs and zippy seasoning to make this hash one you’ll put on your “make again” list. It’s a good breakfast-for-dinner meal.—Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute sweet potatoes in butter and oil until crisp-tender. Add the onion, red pepper, green onions and chili pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the ham, pepper and salt.
- 2. With the back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; add an egg to each well. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until egg whites are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 379 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 271 mg cholesterol, 1,237 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato and Ham Hash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC