Sweet Potato and Ham Hash Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute sweet potatoes in butter and oil until crisp-tender. Add the onion, red pepper, green onions and chili pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the ham, pepper and salt.
- 2. With the back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; add an egg to each well. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until egg whites are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 379 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 271 mg cholesterol, 1,237 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato and Ham Hash
"I had a lot of sweet potatoes, and wanted something new and this was it, I used a yellow pepper, diced jalpeno, 1/2 cup Tillamook Italian cheese, scramble eggs with 1% milk as I like farmers hash the best didn't put any salt or pepper, and my wife and I liked this very much. I made these changes because out what I had on my shelves"