My unusual fruit crisp celebrates the flavors of the holidays. Offer it as a side, or add ice cream to make it a standout dessert. —Deanna McDonald, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, undrained
- 2 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces dried figs, quartered
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain sweet potatoes, reserving 3 tablespoons syrup. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Stir in pears, figs, maple syrup, lemon juice, allspice and reserved sweet potato syrup. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven topping ingredients. Stir in oil and maple syrup; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender. If desired, serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato, Pear and Fig Crisp in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p63
Reviews for Sweet Potato, Pear, and Fig Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review