Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
I make a sweet potato souffle that I’ve always thought tastes like a dessert. I finally decided to use that idea for an actual dessert, and the result was a smooth, rich cheesecake.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, halved
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- MARSHMALLOW SWIRL:
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Remove peel; place potatoes in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- 2. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in sour cream, whipping cream, butter, vanilla, pie spice and sweet potato puree. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat marshmallow creme, cream cheese, egg, flour and vanilla until smooth. Pour half of the sweet potato mixture over crust. Pour half of the marshmallow mixture over sweet potato mixture; swirl gently with a knife. Repeat.
- 6. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1-in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 1-1/4 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides of pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Swirl Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC