Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
I make a sweet potato souffle that I’ve always thought tastes like a dessert. I finally decided to use that idea for an actual dessert, and the result was a smooth, rich cheesecake.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, halved
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- MARSHMALLOW SWIRL:
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Remove peel; place potatoes in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, whipping cream, butter, vanilla, pie spice and sweet potato puree. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat marshmallow creme, cream cheese, egg, flour and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour half the sweet potato mixture over crust. Pour half the marshmallow mixture over sweet potato mixture; swirl gently with a knife. Repeat with remaining batters.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1-in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for about 1-1/4 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Swirl Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p152
Reviews for Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Swirl Cheesecake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >