- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 7-9 minutes or until very tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp. Spread onto one half of each tortilla; top with beans and cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas
Sort By :
Very good and easy!
I love sweet potatoes but in this application it didn't make sense. It wasn't disgusting but my husband complained it was bland. I think I'll try the black bean and pepper jack together another time, though. I can't believe I never thought to use my beloved pepper jack in a quesadilla before.
My family loved these. I tried them bc my son is going through a picky eater stage and will not eat vegetables so I was hoping I could get him to eat these and he did!! I didn't expect them to be that flavorful but they were. I will definitely make them again!
Good enough to make twice, but I'm still not totally sold on the sweet potatoes inside. However, it's OK and it does make a good one-dish meal. I think salsa would help (I didn't have any).
I am always looking for a vegetarian recipe that is filling and tastes good to this carnivore. These do the trick. A definite addition to my recipe book!