- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 7-9 minutes or until very tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp. Spread onto one half of each tortilla; top with beans and cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas
Sort By :
"I made this recipe with pinto beans instead of black beans. Next time, I will add a few veggies. My husband and I are vegetarians, and we enjoyed this recipe very much for dinner with salsa and sour cream. Thanks Brittany."
"Very good and easy!"
"I love sweet potatoes but in this application it didn't make sense. It wasn't disgusting but my husband complained it was bland. I think I'll try the black bean and pepper jack together another time, though. I can't believe I never thought to use my beloved pepper jack in a quesadilla before."
"My family loved these. I tried them bc my son is going through a picky eater stage and will not eat vegetables so I was hoping I could get him to eat these and he did!! I didn't expect them to be that flavorful but they were. I will definitely make them again!"
"Good enough to make twice, but I'm still not totally sold on the sweet potatoes inside. However, it's OK and it does make a good one-dish meal. I think salsa would help (I didn't have any)."