Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas
Sweet potatoes and black beans roll up together for a quesadilla that’s easy, fast, fun and delicious. — Brittany Hubbard, Gering, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a
- microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 7-9 minutes or
- until very tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop
- out pulp. Spread onto one half of each tortilla; top with beans and
- cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 2-3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla with 3 tablespoons salsa equals 306 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.