Sweet Pineapple Cider
I think the best thing about this recipe is that you can make it hours ahead of time so you can spend more time with your guests. And you can keep it warm on the stovetop or in a slow cooker throughout the party. —Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small apples, divided
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (48 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Core and cut one apple into 10 slices. Insert one clove into each
- slice. In a Dutch oven, combine juices. Add apple slices and
- cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Discard apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Core and cut remaining
- apple into 12 slices. Ladle cider into mugs; garnish with apple
- slices. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 93 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.