Sweet Pepper Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Sherryl Ludlow of Rolla, Missouri sends a wild rice salad that's packed with health and fun flavors in every bite.
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the wild rice, 1 cup broth and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the long grain rice and remaining broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers and zucchini in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add onions; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4. Drain wild rice if necessary; stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in white rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining oil; toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Wild Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC