- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the wild rice, 1 cup broth and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the long grain rice and remaining broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers and zucchini in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add onions; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain wild rice if necessary; stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in white rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining oil; toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Wild Rice Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p24
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Wild Rice Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >