Sweet Pepper Venison Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 venison tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper; stir until smooth. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add venison. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry venison and peppers in oil for 4-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir reserved marinade; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Venison Stir-Fry
"Excellent. I followed the recipe. The kids LOVED the flavor of the meat! I made FEW changes...just adding veggies but didn't change anything of the original or flavor. I didn't have any green bell peppers on hand. AND...we are all trying to eat healthy...so I added fresh cut carrots and broccoli. I didn't add the reserved sauce because, to be honest, it didn't need it! What I did was just cook it all in all, or most, of the sauce and called it good. It was perfect and light over white rice. WILL do this again!"
"This is quick, easy and delicious! I always add a bag of frozen stir fry veggies as well. My husband requests this often and we've served to guests as well. It's a hit with everyone!"