Sweet Pepper Skillet
From Bogalusa, Louisiana, Sundra Hauck writes, "If you're looking for a tasty dish to go with spaghetti or meat loaf, this is it." The easy pepper medley is a snap to saute on the stovetop.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Stir in the remaining ingredients;
- saute for 5-7 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 69 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.