Sweet Pepper Sandwiches Recipe
We love this recipe because it's easy and vegetarian. Family members assemble their own sandwiches to their liking. -Cara Neth of Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drizzle with vinegar; toss to coat.
- 2. Cut mozzarella cheese into four slices. Combine the mayonnaise and horseradish; spread over cut sides of rolls. Spoon vegetable mixture onto bottom halves; top with cheese.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil leaves and tomato. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 278 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC