Sweet Pepper Sandwiches Recipe
We love this recipe because it's easy and vegetarian. Family members assemble their own sandwiches to their liking. -Cara Neth of Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drizzle with vinegar; toss to coat.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into four slices. Combine the mayonnaise and horseradish; spread over cut sides of rolls. Spoon vegetable mixture onto bottom halves; top with cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil leaves and tomato. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Sandwiches in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p33
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
Love this sandwich! It's so flavorful and healthy. I made it exactly as is and everyone loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Sandwiches >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >