Sweet Pepper Rice Recipe
This tasty, colorful side dish is a lovely complement to many entrees. The peppers and rice make a nice texture, with a sprinkling of parsley for a gourmet touch. —Betty Nickeles, Tampa, Florida
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small skillet or saucepan, saute the rice and garlic in butter until rice is browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the peppers, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 240 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC