Sweet Pepper Rice
This tasty, colorful side dish is a lovely complement to many entrees. The peppers and rice make a nice texture, with a sprinkling of parsley for a gourmet touch. Betty Nickeles, Tampa, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Tottal Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet or saucepan, saute the rice and garlic in butter
- until rice is browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add
- the peppers, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15
- minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with
- parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 240 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.