Sweet Pepper Pitas Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in salsa. Spread inside pita halves; set aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add hot pepper sauce, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/4 cup into each pita half. Yield: 2 servings.
2 filled pita halves (prepared with fat-free cream cheese) equals 304 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Pitas
"Simple way to use up my pepper harvest. I only made 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture and that was plenty for me."