Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the peppers, oil and garlic powder; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large salad bowl, toss the pasta, pesto, olives and pepper mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta
"I took this to a 4th of July picnic. I served it cold so I didn't bother the cook the peppers. Also , the pesto I used has plenty of oil so I didn't add any more. Pasta and pesto---two of my favorite things!"
"This was good, but the peppers took 25 minutes to bake. The taste will also vary depending on what type of pesto you use. We used homemade."