Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta Recipe
What’s a family gathering or summer potluck supper without at least one pasta salad? This mouthwatering meal mainstay from Karen Hentges of Bakersfield, California can be served hot or cold. “It’s great freshly made or for several days after.“—Karen Hentges, Bakersfield, California
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the peppers, oil and garlic powder; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large salad bowl, toss the pasta, pesto, olives and pepper mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC