What’s a family gathering or summer potluck supper without at least one pasta salad? This mouthwatering meal mainstay from Karen Hentges of Bakersfield, California can be served hot or cold. “It’s great freshly made or for several days after.“—Karen Hentges, Bakersfield, California
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the peppers, oil and garlic powder; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large salad bowl, toss the pasta, pesto, olives and pepper mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta in Country Woman May/June 2006, p48
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review