Sweet Pepper French Dressing
Sweet Pepper French Dressing is suggested by Elsie McHenry, Gridley, California, who used to prepare meals for 100 senior citizens at a time. "They all loved this tangy dressing," she says. "It perks up any lettuce salad."
64 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2-2/3 cups cider vinegar
- 2 medium green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, mustard, oil and vinegar. Stir
- in green peppers, pimientos and onion. Stir frequently while
- serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.