Sweet Pepper French Dressing is suggested by Elsie McHenry, Gridley, California, who used to prepare meals for 100 senior citizens at a time. "They all loved this tangy dressing," she says. "It perks up any lettuce salad."
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2-2/3 cups cider vinegar
- 2 medium green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, mustard, oil and vinegar. Stir in green peppers, pimientos and onion. Stir frequently while serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper French Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p50
Reviews for Sweet Pepper French Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review