Sweet Pepper Chicken Recipe
Sweet red and green pepper strips add attractive color to this delicious chicken from Ann Johnson. "Put it in the slow cooker before getting ready for church on Sunday morning," recommends the Dunn, North Carolina cook. "It'll be ready to eat by the time you get home."
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms, onion and peppers. Combine the soups; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC