Sweet Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms, onion and peppers. Combine the soups; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Chicken
"Not much flavor but good base for a recipe, just need to add some extras"
"Not bad flavor, just a little one note. Needs ground pepper."