- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warned
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup of filling off center on each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Burritos in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p45
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2014
"Love!!!! Made with jalapeño tortillas....awesome, awesome!"
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2009
"What can I say? This recipe is awesome!!!!I have made this for my family numerous times and it is always a big hit. These burritos are full of fresh ingredients and lots of flavor. My family enjoys dipping them in ranch dressing or salsa."