Sweet Pepper Burritos Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warned
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, cheeses, salt and pepper.
- 2. Spoon about 2/3 cup of filling off center on each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 429 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 9g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Burritos
"Love!!!! Made with jalapeño tortillas....awesome, awesome!"
"What can I say? This recipe is awesome!!!!I have made this for my family numerous times and it is always a big hit. These burritos are full of fresh ingredients and lots of flavor. My family enjoys dipping them in ranch dressing or salsa."