From Sequim, Washington, Marian Platt suggests her tasty burritos for a meatless but filling meal in minutes. “They're so easy to make and great for lunch. Or top with salsa, add a side of refried beans and call it dinner!”
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add the peppers; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, cheeses, salt and pepper. Spoon off-center onto each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Burritos in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p53
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Burritos for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review