Sweet Peas Parma
“This is a simple side with delicious Italian flavors.” Peas get dressed up for dinner with just a few easy additions. Don't skip this one! Jill Anderson - Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto in oil and butter over
- medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 181 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.