Sweet Peas Parma Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 181 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Peas Parma
"My family really enjoys this recipe. My daughter is actually excited to make it!"
"Excellent flavor. I've made this a few times and my whole family just loves it!"