Sweet Peas Parma for 2
“This is a simple side with delicious Italian flavors.” Peas get dressed up for dinner with just a few easy additions. Don't skip this one! Jill Anderson - Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups frozen peas
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto and garlic in oil and
- butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add the tomato,
- salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.