“This is a simple side with delicious Italian flavors.” Peas get dressed up for dinner with just a few easy additions. Don't skip this one! Jill Anderson - Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Peas Parma in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p44
Reviews for Sweet Peas Parma
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
"My family really enjoys this recipe. My daughter is actually excited to make it!"
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
"Excellent flavor. I've made this a few times and my whole family just loves it!"