“This is a simple side with delicious Italian flavors.” Peas get dressed up for dinner with just a few easy additions. Don't skip this one! Jill Anderson - Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Peas Parma in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p44
Reviews for Sweet Peas Parma
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
"My family really enjoys this recipe. My daughter is actually excited to make it!"
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
"Excellent flavor. I've made this a few times and my whole family just loves it!"