Sweet Peanut Treats Recipe
We sold tempting bars almost like these at the refreshment stand at the Minnesota state park where I worked in the '70's, and they were a favorite of employees and visitors alike. Now I make this recipe when I want to serve a special treat. —Phyllis Smith, Olympia, Washington
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces salted peanuts
- 1. In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread half into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Chill until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk and pudding; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over chocolate mixture in pan. Stir peanuts into remaining chocolate mixture. Carefully spread over pudding layer. Chill until set. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Peanut Treats
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC