Sweet Peanut Treats
We sold tempting bars almost like these at the refreshment stand at the Minnesota state park where I worked in the '70's, and they were a favorite of employees and visitors alike. Now I make this recipe when I want to serve a special treat. —Phyllis Smith, Olympia, Washington
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and
- peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread half into a greased 15-in.
- x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk and pudding;
- bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar until
- smooth. Spread over chocolate mixture in pan. Stir peanuts into
- remaining chocolate mixture. Carefully spread over pudding layer.
- Chill until set. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: 10 dozen.