Sweet Peanut Treats Recipe
We sold tempting bars almost like these at the refreshment stand at the Minnesota state park where I worked in the '70's, and they were a favorite of employees and visitors alike. Now I make this recipe when I want to serve a special treat. Phyllis Smith, Olympia, Washington
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread half into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk and pudding; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over chocolate mixture in pan. Stir peanuts into remaining chocolate mixture. Carefully spread over pudding layer. Chill until set. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Peanut Treats in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p39
Reviews for Sweet Peanut Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
Delicious! A great Christmas candy treat.
Love the flavor combination of peanut butter, chocolate, peanuts, and butterscotch.
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2009
One of my favorite candies to make at christmas!!!! Everyone loves them
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >