Sweet Peanut Treats Recipe
We sold tempting bars almost like these at the refreshment stand at the Minnesota state park where I worked in the '70's, and they were a favorite of employees and visitors alike. Now I make this recipe when I want to serve a special treat. Phyllis Smith, Olympia, Washington
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread half into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk and pudding; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over chocolate mixture in pan. Stir peanuts into remaining chocolate mixture. Carefully spread over pudding layer. Chill until set. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Peanut Treats in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p39
Reviews for Sweet Peanut Treats(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >