—Betty Otten, Tea, South Dakota
- 5 pounds uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 10 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups mayonnaise
- 4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In three large bowls, combine the pasta, carrots, peas, celery and onion.
- In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir a third of the dressing into each bowl of pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 58 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pea Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p16
Reviews for Sweet Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review