I decided it was time to switch up guacamole, so I got creative for this recipe. My local farmers market had beautiful snow peas and asparagus that I incorporated. When squash blossoms are in season, I like to add those, too. —Amie Valpone, New York, New York
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- Dash saffron threads or 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips or pita wedges, optional
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in broth over medium-high heat until tender. Add snow peas, asparagus, sunflower kernels and saffron; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add avocados, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, white pepper and chili powder; process until blended. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Sweet Pea and Asparagus Guacamole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sweet Pea and Asparagus Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review