Sweet Pasta Salad Recipe
“I first tasted this delightfully different salad several years ago at a pool party and begged the hostess for the recipe,“ recalls Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “Since then, I’ve served it many times and have always gotten rave reviews.“
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup strawberries in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth and slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- 2. Drain the pasta; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Add coconut and remaining strawberries; toss gently.
- 3. Place the greens in a serving bowl; top with pasta mixture. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 327 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC