Sweet Pasta Salad
“I first tasted this delightfully different salad several years ago at a pool party and begged the hostess for the recipe,“ recalls Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “Since then, I’ve served it many times and have always gotten rave reviews.“
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing,
- combine the cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup
- strawberries in a blender or food processor; cover and process until
- smooth and slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Drain the pasta; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add oil
- and toss to coat. Add coconut and remaining strawberries; toss
- Place the greens in a serving bowl; top with pasta mixture. Drizzle
- with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 327 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.