“I first tasted this delightfully different salad several years ago at a pool party and begged the hostess for the recipe,“ recalls Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “Since then, I’ve served it many times and have always gotten rave reviews.“
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup strawberries in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth and slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Drain the pasta; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Add coconut and remaining strawberries; toss gently.
- Place the greens in a serving bowl; top with pasta mixture. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p45
Reviews for Sweet Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review