- 4 croissants, split
- 1 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Spread croissant bottoms with 3 tablespoons marmalade; replace tops. Cut each croissant into five slices; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Whisk together next four ingredients, orange peel, if desired, and extract; pour over croissants. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Place dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger dish with 1 in. of boiling water.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Brush remaining marmalade over top. Cut and serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p28
Reviews for Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review