- 4 croissants, split
- 1 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Spread croissant bottoms with 3 tablespoons marmalade; replace tops. Cut each croissant into five slices; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar, orange peel if desired and extract; pour over croissants. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Place dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger dish with 1 in. of boiling water.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Brush remaining marmalade over the top. Cut and serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Pudding >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >