Sweet Orange Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles, optional
- 1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the orange marmalade, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice or noodles if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice or noodles): 379 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Sweet Orange Chicken
"The tasty is a little heavy on the orange flavor, but my husband and I enjoyed it. Probably not one for the kids, as it's a little too tangy. But definitely a good "date night" recipe to try."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.