- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles, optional
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange marmalade, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice or noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet Orange Chicken
Sort By :
"We both found this indelible. May have been because Hickory smoked flavour BBQ sauce was used. I am now not convinced that any BBQ SAUCE would go with marmalade. Sorry to be so negative. My taste Level: includessophisticated gourmet and Internat'l food as well as simpler levels"
"Any time I can find a good slow cooker recipe, I'll save it. I modified it slightly by using boneless, skinless breasts, thighs and legs. Saves a lot of time not having to cut-up & skin chicken. I used Smucker's marmalade & KC Masterpiece Bar B Q sauce."