Sweet Onions with Radish Sauce
In Kansas City, Kansas, Phyllis Schmalz stirs up a light creamy sauce to complement sweet grilled onions. She says the side dish is a special treat in spring, when Vidalia onions are in season.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Brush both sides of onion slices with oil; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Place the onions directly on grill rack. grill, covered,
- over indirect heat for 8 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, radishes and dill.
- Serve with the onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 193 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.