Sweet Onion Spoon Bread Recipe
“This unique recipe has been a family-favorite secret for years. The layers of tangy cheese, sour cream and sweet onions in this moist corn bread taste so great together!” Chopped green chilies could add some fun zip. —Heather Thomas, Fredericksburg, Virginia
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corn, muffin mix, egg whites and milk. Pour into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine sour cream and onions; spread over batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Onion Spoon Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC