Sweet Onion Rice Casserole
We pared down this creamy onion casserole from Julie Rea of Battle Ground, Washington. It’s warm, comforting and perfect for a cool evening. "Everyone who tries it, loves it," Julie says.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/3 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2-1/2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the cheese,
- cream and rice.
- Transfer to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 277 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.