Sweet Onion Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1/3 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2-1/2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the cheese, cream and rice.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 277 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.