Sweet Onion Rice Casserole Recipe
We pared down this creamy onion casserole from Julie Rea of Battle Ground, Washington. It’s warm, comforting and perfect for a cool evening. "Everyone who tries it, loves it," Julie says.
- 1/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2-1/2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the cheese, cream and rice.
- Transfer to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Onion Rice Casserole in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p45
Reviews for Sweet Onion Rice Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >