- 1-1/2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 3 pounds sweet onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, cream, parsley, salt, pepper, rice and onions. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Onion Rice Bake
Sort By :
I was hesitant with the amount of onions, but it was wonderful! Next time, I will cut back on the butter and use milk instead of the cream. I'm thinking the combination of all the ingredients with the cheese might be enough richness. Definitely will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >