Sweet Onion Muffins
These savory muffins are wonderful alongside any main dish and also make a great snack warm or cold. It's hard to stop eating them. I've been cooking for 60 years, and this recipe from my niece is one of my favorites.
-Mildred Spinn, Cameron, Texas
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, beat eggs, onion and butter until blended; stir into
- the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 3 dozen mini muffins or 1 dozen regular muffins.