Sweet Onion Muffins Recipe
These savory muffins are wonderful alongside any main dish and also make a great snack warm or cold. It's hard to stop eating them. I've been cooking for 60 years, and this recipe from my niece is one of my favorites. -Mildred Spinn, Cameron, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, onion and butter until blended; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen mini muffins or 1 dozen regular muffins.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC