Sweet Onion Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, onion and butter until blended; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen mini muffins or 1 dozen regular muffins.
Reviews for Sweet Onion Muffins
Sort By :
Awesome muffins! I bake these alot because they're simple to make and requested often. I use regular onions and usually skip the walnuts. Also nice that they can be prepared using one bowl. I like making the bite-size mini muffins.
These are delicious! Have made them many times. I leave out the nuts and at 1 tbsp. water to the batter. These have become a regular in my kitchen!
Awesome recipe, my husband and I love it. I am recommending this to my family and friends. Leslee, Toronto, ON
A family favorite! Even my kids who don't like onions like these muffins. They're great paired with soups and stews, pot roast or pork roast, or even just for snacking.
These muffins are simple to make, and really good. They actually are sweet, which means even kids love them.