Sweet Onion Corn Bake Recipe
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, dill and salt until blended; stir in 1 cup of cheese. Stir into the onion mixture; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, corn, corn bread mix and hot pepper sauce. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon onion mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Onion Corn Bake(7)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. I made it for a pot luck and had several requests for the recipe. Am making it for our Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure it will become a tradition.
I have made this many times - it is delicious. I've also mixed it up a few hours ahead and put in the oven on time bake, it comes out fine.
This is an excellant side dish, and so easy to prepare. I have made this several times for large gatherings.
This is a great recipe. I use french onion dip instead of sour cream. Very tasty!!
Jiffy brand makes a corn muffin mix in the perfect size for this recipe.