Sweet Onion Casserole Recipe
This easy casserole is incredibly tasty. My family asks for it with steak or chicken.—Bobbie McMahan, Anderson, South Carolina
- 5 large sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Place half of onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC