This easy casserole is incredibly tasty. My family asks for it with steak or chicken.—Bobbie McMahan, Anderson, South Carolina
- 5 large sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Place half of onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Onion Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p245
Reviews for Sweet Onion Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review