Sweet Onion Bread Skillet Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter and 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- 2. Brush bottom and sides of a 10-in. ovenproof skillet with remaining oil. Unroll dough into skillet; flatten dough and build up edge slightly. Top with onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge equals 415 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.